Zim Sailing along with North Sails have developed the new standard for collegiate and high school sails. These sails are designed for great performance without sacrificing durability. Our Platinum sails will handle the high demands of college and high school sailing and hold their shape better than other sails on the market. With cloth up to 7.8 ounces and reinforced in all the right places, these sails are built to withstand the rigors of college, high school and junior program abuse. Platinum sails are available for 420s and FJs. Contact us today for a quote based on custom options and graphics.
Zim’s Platinum Collegiate Sails are constructed with Nordac Fill, the highest quality woven polyester (Dacron) cloth. NorDac Fill is constructed with high tenacity polyester yarn woven in proprietary warp/fill combinations. Using the densest possible fiber content ensures excellent shapeholding and the longest performance life.
- Floating tack for increased luff tension control
- “Loose foot” for better shaping of the bottom of the sail
- 4.5” Headboard and positive roach for better light air performance
- Slug at Tack and Clew – No webbing to wear out, no shackles to lose
- Ultra-lite luff and leach telltales
- Colored corner reinforcements for team racing enhancement
- Custom graphics – Logos, Letters, Mascots
Not sure which sail is right for your team?
Try our Collegiate Sail Selection Guide