Zim Sailing seeks an energetic, ambitious, hardworking, well organized self-starter, and team player to lead our performance boats sales. This includes the Zim 15, 29er, Byte CII and Megabyte. The position offers variety, loads of customer interaction, definitely not a boring desk job. We desire someone with an extensive dinghy background who is passionate about the sport.
Responsibilities include developing and executing sales and marketing plans to achieve goals for the performance line. Distribution channels include direct retail, internet, dealer, yacht club, high school, collegiate and community sailing programs.
Service all customer needs, including; regatta representation, customer visits, trade shows and seminars, advertising, brochures, online content, promotions, newsletters, and editorial articles.
Lead the development and organization of clinics and events for the line including promotion, on-site support, primary point of contact, etc.
Travel will be required. We are a small company striving to provide value and service the large companies can’t. We thrive on creativity in our approaches to the business and all possess the ability to support all facets of the organization. The position will be located in RI.
The ideal candidate will have:
- a college degree and three years’ work experience.
- a college sailor and experienced skiff sailor is a plus.
- experience in one design dinghy sailing/racing, running junior sailing programs, clinics, etc.
- the ability to utilize your network of contacts .
- common sense, mechanical ability and are able to communicate well with children and adults.
- good computer skills, utilizing the Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook programs plus some website management, online store and social networking.
- the ability to work independently as well as being able to lead projects
- strong problem solving skills as well as excellent written and oral communication.
Zim Sailing is the fastest growing one design sailboat builder and distributor for the North American. Our products include the most comprehensive mix of training, recreational and performance sailboats found in North America. Our customers include retail, high school and college, yacht clubs and camps.
To join our growing team please submit your professional and sailing resumes to: email@example.com.
Download application HERE