Do you enjoy solving technical problems? Whether it is a better fixture or tool for a certain job to reduce defects or labor time, finding a supplier for given part, troubleshooting equipment downtime, or hundreds of other production related needs.
The scope of a production engineer encompasses the sourcing of materials, boats, and components from vendors, understanding and managing the supply chain logistics, working with our production staff to improve quality, consistency and lower costs. Another aspect is working with our sales team to educate our staff on the many technical characteristics and features of our products.
The ideal candidate is technically savvy, hands on, and has some knowledge of composites, plastics, and metals used in the small dinghy market. This is not just a desk job; time spent working in the shop is expected.
Some travel may be required to visit and work on projects with our vendors and customers. Problem solving, and multi-tasking skills are a must and you’ll need strong verbal and written communication skills to make sure all parties are on the same page.
We’re a small company, giving you the opportunity to see the many interactions within the organization and how each team pitches in to help another when needed.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Procurement planning and scheduling of certain orders with vendors
- Creating process documentation, work instructions, and construction manuals to train production workers how to build boats, assemblies, and rigging
- Refining processes and procedures to identify areas for improvement in production efficiency
- Some AutoCAD drawing of parts and programming of our waterjet equipment
- Leading the design of new products and components
- Evaluating new materials for quality and value
- Supporting all facets of production problem solving for both Zim Sailing & Dwyer mast & Rigging.
Zim Sailing offers a positive work environment and a great team atmosphere. Our competitive compensation package includes health insurance, matching 401K, profit sharing and discounts on parts and gear. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com