Operations at Zim Sailing encompasses our production, assembly, materials sourcing, engineering, facility, and fleet maintenance areas.
Zim Sailing builds boats in Rhode Island and in China and is a major distribution partner for several European boat brands. Our suppliers span the globe; Sri Lanka, China, Australia, Spain, United Kingdom, Netherlands, and the good old USA.
- Sourcing of materials, boats, and components from vendors, understanding and managing the supply chain logistics, loading and unloading shipments.
- Direct & schedule work flow for the production of boats, parts, spars, etc.
- Work with our production staff to improve quality, consistency and lower costs.
- Daily reporting of inventory activities; production reporting, work tickets, inventory & adjustments, sales orders, and invoices.
- Personnel management for all production staff.
- Software administration for creating new part numbers, Bill of Material maintenance, inventory management, investigating & correcting variances, etc.
- Create process documentation, work instructions, and construction manuals to train production workers how to build assemblies and rigging.
- Refine processes and procedures to identify areas for improvement in production efficiency.
- Manage the facilities; safety, security, maintenance & work environment.
- Manage maintenance and repairs for our fleet of trailers and vehicles.
- Project management for new products, equipment, processes, etc.
The ideal candidate would be technically savvy, strong attention to details and planning, hands on, and have some knowledge of composites, plastics, and metals used in the small dinghy market. This is not just a desk job, time spent working in the shop is expected.
Some travel will be required to visit and work on projects with our vendors. Problem solving, and multi-tasking skills are a must and you’ll need strong communication and interpersonal skills.
What else is important to us?
- Friendly, hard-working, self-motivated, and a team player!
- Familiarity with small boats and a passion for sailing.
- Computer skills; Word, Excel, Gmail tools. Strong technology skills and ability to learn new ones quickly.
- Everyone here talks to customers, so you have to be able to listen, offer advice and support where needed.
- Desire to learn more about sailing and help others with the same.
Zim Sailing offers a positive work environment and a great team atmosphere. Our competitive compensation package includes health insurance, matching 401K, profit sharing and discounts on parts and gear. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com