The Byte sailboat is a fast and fun singlehanded one-design dinghy. It was designed to be an affordable performance boat that could cater to sailors of a greater weight range than other boats in its category. Byte sailboats provide an all-important first step for young sailors outgrowing the Optimist. The controls for vang, outhaul, and cunningham are all led to either side of the boat’s deck with multi-purchase, ball bearing block systems. The vang can be adjusted, on a full plane, from the cockpit, effortlessly! The Byte can be upgraded with a Byte CII carbon fiber mast and mylar sail as the sailor progresses and desires a higher performance boat.
- Glass reinforced polyester, foam sandwich
- All cockpit fittings are supported by tapped aluminum backing plates
- Full anti-slip deck
- Safety grabrail for capsize recovery
- Cockpit bailer
Sails & Rigging
- Dacron sail
- Aluminum mast and boom
- Vang, outhaul and cunningham controls are led to each side deck as standard
- Hiking straps can be set up as single or pair.